Matt Cutts from Google show the benefits of WordPress as seen through the eyes of Google. He discusses the basics of how Google search works and how you can increase your WordPress sites results in Google searches.
Everyone is familiar with Google as a search engine and free email service, but you may not be aware of the many free web tools available through Google. Webmasters rely on tools like Google AdWords and Google Analytics to maximize and measure their online audience. In this video we will show you how to setup a Google Account and a basic Google profile.
Lesson 1: How To Setup Google Account and Profile
A Google Account is your gateway to a variety of services to enhance your web presence. As a general rule each website should have its own Google Account.
- Go to Google.com
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on “Create an account now” link.
- Enter the current email address that you will use for account verification.
- Select a password of at least eight characters. We suggest something complicated with a mix of upper and lowercase characters, numbers and non-alpha numeric characters.
- Choose wether or not to stay logged in all of the time. (Recommended)
- Choose whether or not to Enable Web History. It does improve personal search results.
- Choose your location.
- Select your birthday. This is not displayed anywhere. It is simply trying to verify legally eligible to have an account where you live.
- Try and decipher the Google captcha and enter what you think you see in the provided field (Good Luck).
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Click on “I Accept. Create My Account” button.
- You will now be asked to confirm the email associated with the account. When you receive the confirmation email click the confirm link at the top.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page. You can now log on to your new Google account.
Blog Post – Why You need a Google Account
Why Do We Recommend a Browser?
- We are looking for the browser with the best speed and performance.
- We want to offer a constant look and feel so you experience a website the same way we do in our demonstrations.
- Recently Google added extensions to Chrome that allows you to add features useful for internet marketing purposes.
- Universal Box for typing in both web addresses and search
- Available on both Windows and Mac
- Wide variety of extensions to assist you in web development
- It’s Fast!
Lesson 1: How To Setup Google Chrome
Essential Online Strategies Presentation Notes
Hello I am Kenneth Jackson. I own Connections Digital Media eCommerce Solutions.
We help our clients sell their products online, using search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing; shopping search including Amazon, eBay, and Google Product Search; and social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
We are an eCommerce service provider providing state of the art eCommerce and professional blogging at reasonable prices. [Read more…] about Updated – Presentation, Notes and Video from Essentials of Online Marketing Seminar
By Keran Krane
Google Reaches Out to Small Business In this ever changing hi-tech world many small businesses get left in the dust. But Google has built much of their success on reaching out to the little guy. With tools such as AdWords, AdSense, Wiki’s, and the ever-evolving slew of beta programs-Google is equipping small business owners with the tools they need to stay competitive.
I recently talked with Rod and Vanda Lancour of Support Hose Store about how they utilize Google services to increase their business. Rod and Vanda run a small, internet-based business that sells medical support hose and stockings. They have been working with Google for years to keep their website competitive- and it’s working; The Support Hose Store is consistently at the top of Google searches for their keywords. [Read more…] about Survey Says: See Ya at Google
SupportHoseStore.com visits Google Channel 7 Pro News 06/16/2008
Google invites Amarillo based e-commerce business, SupportHoseStore.com, to their campus to meet with Key staff members
Amarillo, Texas- June 16, 2008
SupportHoseStore.com, an Amarillo Based e-commerce web site received an invitation from Google, the leading web search engine, to visit their campus in Mountain View, California. Vanda and Rod Lancour, owners of SupportHoseStore.Com received a questionnaire about services offered by Google. Mr. Lancour returned the questionnaire. Google then contacted Mr. Lancour and invited him and Mrs. Lancour to visit their campus on June 5-6, 2008, where they met with key staff and personnel to discuss future promotional opportunities. This visit comes at a time of substantial local, national and international growth for SupporHoseStore.com. Google assists SupportHoseStore.com through their world-wide search engine network, through key word updates, optimizing advertising programs, and updated beta programs, which gives SupportHoseStore.com the leading web resources available to maintain contact with their prospective customers and optimize their web site.
SupportHoseStore.com’s retail location, Support Hose Plus, in Amarillo Texas, is located at I-40 and Bell, in the Interstate Shopping Center. Support Hose Plus carries the largest selection of support hose available in the Tri-State area, featuring a complete line of Jobst, Mediven, Sigvaris and Juzo support stockings. Support Hose Plus also carries post-mastectomy products and is adding new product lines including low cost support hose, orthopedic supplies, and Therall arthritis relief products and walking canes.
SupportHoseStore.com was started in September 2001. As a 2003 recipient of the Amarillo Enterprise Challenge Grant, a program of the WTAMU Enterprise Center, SupportHoseStore.com has been able to support exponential growth and is now undergoing an expansive program of additional development. Plans are underway for the development of a large customer service/warehouse center in Amarillo. SupportHoseStore.com serves customers worldwide including those from the USA, Canada, Central/South America, Europe, Taiwan, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Russia, offering exceptional products and customer service from their team of trained Compression Garment Specialists.