- Use one country per campaign
- One account per country. (Yahoo?)
- Radius targeting: Marketing for a radius around a specific location. Microsoft refers to this as “Order Level”
- Yahoo Panama – Yahoo’s New marketing platform (1st quarter 2007)
- Ad preview tool shows what people will see for targeted sites outside of your geographic area. IE.. In Texas working with a California customer.
- Geo Keywords: State, State abbreviation, cities, neighborhood, Zip, Area code, counties, airport code, regional lingo such as Panhandle or the Loop.
- Different countries respond to different offers. All English not created equal!
- Negative Keywords – “Higher quality score”
- Advanced Yahoo “Phrase and Broad”
- Singulars and plurals on Google & Microsoft, Yahoo uses a match driver
- Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization
- Key words, ad, and landing pages must be carefully coordinated”
- Dynamic Keywords – Content added to page based on keywords specified by the searcher. Used to distinguish searcher intent.
- Broad match
- Phrase “Quotes”
- Exact [Brackets]
- Editorial Review – If you have problems contact customer service.
- Google and MSN automatic review while Yahoo is a manual process.
- It is necessary to be familiar with the editorial policies of each search engine.
- Trademarked terms are considered in quality score.
- You may need to apply for an exemption to use a trademarked term such as “Enterprise”
- Find good people at each search engine to deal with.
Brad Byrd – New Gate Internet
- Evaluate ads yourself! Don’t count on search engine statistics. Count conversions not clicks. Yahoo will be offering a conversion tracking option with “Panama”.
- Conversions need not necessarily based on sales. In some cases other valuable customer may be considered a conversion.
- Tracking Cookies can track repeat users of the site. In some cases this could be considered a conversion.