Flickr is the most popular online photo management and sharing application on the web. Flickr offers users a number of useful features. You can securely share photos and videos (up to 90 seconds) online and privately show content to friends and family. Users have the option to make their pictures private or public, however around 80% of the pictures on Flickr are public. No fee is required to start loading and sharing pictures. Other features include maps to track where and when photos were taken, tagging and commenting on pictures, and the ability to create postcards and other products. It’s also possible to include your photo album into your blog.
Owned by Google, Picasa was originally free photo management and editing software, but there is a web album version that can make it easy for you to upload, share, and organize photos with privacy settings. With Picasa it is easy to edit your digital photos, create online albums and share your images publicly.
Optimize Your Images for Search Engines
- Keywords should be used in the image alt text, text around the image, the image name, and page title.
- Images should be separate search engine accessible image folder.
- Enable the image search option in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Optimize the size of your image files to help the page load faster.
- Limit the number of images per page.
- Popular and reliable photo sharing hosting. Flickr is reported to help in Yahoo! image optimization.
Optimize Your Images for People
- People pay more attention to a clear images where they can see details so choose high quality images.
- Clean, clear faces in an image get more eye fixation.
- Don’t use abstract images too often.
- Keep the image relevant to the theme of the content. Images are not the first thing a visitor sees on a web page but they can compel them to stay.
As always Connections is happy to answer questions and assist you in any way we can to get your e-business up and running over the competition. Contact us at service@ConnectionsIS.com.
Leave a Reply