Nerd Difficulty Level
Level 1: Easy
This video is for WordPress beginners who want to learn how to make a basic blog post.
In This Tutorial I Will be Demonstrating How To:
- Login to WordPress
- Add a blog post to WordPress
- Add an image to your post
- Add a link to your post
- Login to the admin Dashboard by going to “http://yourblogname.com/wp-admin”
- Login to your WordPress site by entering your user name and password
- Type the title of your blog post
- Type the text of your blog
- Choose a category for your post – This should be based on the primary keywords you are targeting for you site. You can also a new category by clicking “Add New Category”
- Add Post Tags – Tags should be keywords you would like to highlight in your post.
- Click the “Publish” button in the Publish section in the right column to post immediately or choose from some of the following options.
While you are working on your post you can save your work as you go.
Press “Save Draft” to save your work for further editing
To view how you post is going to look when published without actually publishing.
Press “Preview” to view the post in its current state
- Pending Review – enables an intermediate step between draft and publish for editorial review.
- Public – With the sub-option
- Stick this post to the front page – This option highlights the post by positioning it first on the blog page
- Password protected
Stores all revisions of your posts so you can go back to an earlier version.
- You can schedule the publication date and time or
- Press “Publish” to immediately publish the post
- “Move to Trash” to delete the post
Connect With Us!
Connections Digital Media is happy to answer questions and assist you with this or any other WordPress design, Internet Marketing, or Media Production questions.